Saturday, July 19, 2008

Projects . . .

This is what I have in the works and might complete before I have to put down the needles and pick up the books again for Fall semester.

The first sock of the last pair of socks for Sarah . . . she's told me numerous times that there's no rush, but if I don't finish them before school, they may never get done. The socks are now no-brainer, can knit and chat and watch tv and chew gum. I take it to the bar when I know it's going to be a slow night.



This is a SUPER THINKER piece. I can't watch TV while doing this or anything. This one is from a Celtic Eye Dance pattern in enchanted knitting. I wasn't too thrilled with stranding, so I learned (am learning) to doubleknit. Eventually this will be an I-cord, drawstring bag that I'll probably never use, but could be good for, say, tarot cards? All cotton, so it'll probably run when I wash it. I really need to work on my contrasting color combinations. This still seems too safe, and doesn't POP out, you know?



This one is a partial thinker, can watch tv and knit during the commercials. 10 row repeat, four repeats in a row. Can finish a couple rows during the commercial break, but must have the chart in front of me. This is the shawl-width scarf for my neighbor and boss, Lisa. She likes blues and greens and I got some blue and green in the donated stash. Unfortunately, after I started knitting it, I realized that when I come to the end of my blue and green, it will be too short for a shawl or a scarf - but the wool label said "A Jo-Ann's Exclusive" - so guess where I'm going next week?

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Wow! Look at you go! You're getting all fancy now.

I went lboxing the other day for the first time in years. I thought of you!