Monday, May 26, 2008

Testosterone Knitters?

I found this online while looking for a local stitch and bitch.

Fiber Cafe' - Today's Women of the Eastern Panhandle
Time 6:00pm
Contact Today's Women of the Eastern Panhandle
twepwv@yahoo.com
Description Join us at the Daily Grind, Foxcroft Avenue, every Thursday to knit or crochet. Share your tips, learn from others. Make blankets for City Hospital Labor and Delivery unit.


Fortunately I'm not one of "Today's Women" (I can't tell you how many times I've spontaneously burst into song because I was fortunate to be born with a tallywhacker - no makeup/heels/corsets/shaving/ and can pee anywhere, etc.) but unfortunately, the group title seems a little daunting for male knitters.

Okay, I haven't actually e-mailed them to ask if men are welcome - and I'm positive they would graciously say 'of course' and I would be a novelty for a couple weeks, but I'd just feel so ODD joining the Today's Women of the Eastern Panhandle.

Anyone know of knitting groups in Martinsburg with some testosterone in it?


Oh and by the by...

I gave up on the navy sweater. The wool is too random, can't see see the ribbing, and it's just so thin that I'll hate it hate it hate it before I even knit to the navel.

So, a second pair of woolly socks is what I'm working now and I've already promised them to Darren.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

oh the yarn I have for you.... you are going to squeal like a woman.

i will try to have it out to you by the end of the week.