Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday Knitting Complete

OKAY! My holiday knitting is DONE! All that's left on my started-not-finished list of knitting is Sarah's socks and my doubleknit thingy.


Hurray ! ! ! The gloves are done. It took a lot longer to do the fleece lining than I thought it would. Of course, I was making it up as I went along. Next time would be faster I guess.

72 stitches, sport weight, #4 circular needles ( I think ) barely allows my fat hands to fit, so the dainty lady hands for whom they were made should work fine.

The white, purple and lavender virgin wool came from Paula's stash thinning.



This one got a WONDERFUL reaction from the recipient. You can't tell from the photo, but the drape of this scarf is FABULOUS. It's all rayon and came from the stash gift box from the generous knitter ladies.

Fat needles, thin rayon, in the round gives it a meshy pliability and double thickness. I don't know how many stitches because I allowed the color pattern to repeat before joining the circle so that the colors would pool as they did.

No comments: