Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I got it! I got it!

Truly fabulous and wonderful friends gave me the gift of "Enchanted Knitting" for Midsummer Solstice!

It is even more amazing than I imagined. The gridded patterns in there are AWESOME ! I'm looking at my newly acquired stash with a different, sparkling gleam in my eye.

I've already started the Green Man pattern (as part of a scarf for the neighbor - pale green on pale blue) and it is truly a learning experience.

1) It's much smaller than I imagined it (even on size 10 needles)
2) My stranding - though the tension's fairly consistent on the back - is uglier than sin dipped in misery.
3) You really have to have some heavy contrast for these patterns to stand out.

NOW - I'm looking for a small pattern to knit into the heel of some socks to give them a little reinforcement.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

Try an "eye of partridge" heel! google it....

Lars said...

careful, enchantment can be dangerous ;D

Just-Chuck said...

Tell me about it, Lars...I'm going cross-eyed...

However, when Enchantment meets eclectic pagan, wonderful magick is made.