Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Too Much Time on my Hands?

I've got to stop, seriously. I just created new accounts on Men Who Knit and Ravelry and joined another yahoo group of local knitters. Now I spend copious amounts of time looking around on the Internet. I'm finding GREAT works by lots of knitters and my head is swimming with books and ideas that I want to get and start.

BUT . . . I need to be realistic and remember that school starts again in just a short while so I should finish my socks for Darren, finish my socks for me, and start the socks for Sarah, then the scarves for Paul and Lisa.

However, all the while, I will be searching for THE sweater pattern - the one that my chunky brown wool will become. Shawl Collar, buttonned, maybe some pockets, who knows? It's the one I picture myself wearing while sitting on the porch in the cool Spring and Autumn mornings while I sit and sip coffee and knit before my nightowl husband rises at the crack of noon and lumbers to the coffee pot.

And, for something new, to keep me from going bonkers, (you know Gemini's need to be doing something new all the time) I'll be doing my second sock toe up. I want to learn toe up, because after turning the heel, I can go as high as I like, or as high as I can, without worrying that I'm going to run out of that one skein of whatever before I get done with the toe going the other way, you know?

Anyone have a good scarf pattern that involves two parts one color and one part another color? My scarf for Lisa will be two parts green and one part blue, (from recently received stash box) but I haven't found the perfect pattern yet . . . any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jody said...

Welcome to my world! I have more items in my "queue" than I will ever have time to knit!!

Diana said...

Do I know that about Geminis! Married to one, raised another, granddaughter to a third. Their minds are always on a quest.

BTW, I'll never die. I have too many projects! For toe up, check out Queen Kahuna's book. I'm on my second pair, and it's great for a visual learner.

Sorry you couldn't be at Rustic Tarts & Old Farts, but mark down June 7th for next year!

Lars said...

Google Bias Knit scarf. Make it in stripes and it looks like they run diagonally.